Marriage is one occasion that takes place once in a lifetime, so attire worn on marriages must be elegant. Marriage is not only an excited day for bridal but also for groom. Indian groom’s wear should something that have a touch of royalty. In India a marriage is celebrated in different phases as ring ceremony, mehandi, sangeet, wedding day and reception. Each day is for celebration and apparel should different for every event, so that any one recognizes you even in crowd. Indian groom dresses are in different forms like wedding sherwani, dhoti kurtas, kurta payjama, Patiala Sherwani etc. If we talk about western countries then there people prefer formal suit. This can be an option for Indian grooms on their reception. While anyone buying a wedding dress make sure that must give a look of your culture. Here are some tips and dresses which grooms can follow:
1) Sherwani: It is the perfect combination of in do-western designs and fashion trends. It is long embroidered coats which can wear with chudidhar or pajama or Patiala and accompanied with dupatta depend on style of apparel. Sherwani is undoubtedly glamorous and sophisticated and provides the ultimate Mughal look on your special day.Sherwani is a perfect wear for sangeet or wedding day. Heavy worked sherwani give a touch of royalty and elegance. Wear Punjabi jutti with such attires.
2) Kurta pajama: It is somewhat similar to sherwani but have light embroidered work.Kurta can also wear with pajama or chudidar.It is a suitable for sangeet and menhdi because it is much comfy dress then other. You can also try denim jeans with kurta for indo western look on sangeet.
3) Dhoti Kurta/Sherwani: It is the most ancient traditional Indian dress for men. Dhoti is a long piece of cloth which draped along waist. Now a day’s embroidered dhoti are in fashion. If it ties perfect way it will surely give ethnic and royal look.
4) Wedding suit: Pent, shirt and coat is worn by mainly in western countries by groom. It can be also a ring ceremony or reception party dress for men. Make a right combination of matched tie, pocket square and shoes with this dress. It will definitely reflect your personality.
• Pagadis / Turban / Safa: It is a kind of headwear based on a cloth winding in different forms. Pagadis are worn by the groom, and his family in traditional Indian weddings. The Safa used to be an identification of the professions and cast of the person wearing them in olden days.
• Watches for Men: If your wear pant shirt then makes sure you go with a branded reasonable watch. It will complete your style.